From: Donna [mailto: justme@prairieinet.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:05:35 -0500
Subject: RE: [CHAT] vacation to florida

That is a shame.... but I guess it fits into all the other
attractions<br>that are over-priced. My boss took his two small children
to the museum<br>a short time ago. For the 4 of them it cost 150.00 and
didn't include<br>dinner, just parking admissions and a small snack.
Personally thinking<br>this is all getting out of hand, as something
educational should be<br>cheaper. Remember when on certain days it was
Disney, it was much cheaper and we stayed on the<br>property for a week.
We enjoyed ourselves, sorry to hear that the cost<br>has grown so much
that most folks can no longer enjoy this. Guess we<br>won't be going
back either....<br><br>At the time we were down there, they had a few
tours at Kennedy Space<br>Center, so might want to plan an entire day
there... with everything<br>happening in this world, not sure if they
still have the tours.<br><br>We also drove down there, it is a
lonnnnnnnnnng drive.

Might want to<br>plan some stops to get out of the car and stretch out
by touring<br>something. DH insisted on driving straight thru.... I was
crabby by the<br>time we got there and didn't want to see the inside of
Disney...way too expensive for us...with the<br>5<br>&gt; of us, a one
day pass to one of the parks comes in some where around<br>&gt; $400
just for the price of admission. Somehow I don't think
Walt<br>Disney<br>&gt; himself ever envisioned a place where the average
Amercian family<br>would<br>&gt; have to take out bank loans to visit,
which is what most people I know<br>&gt; who go to Disney end up doing,
that or charging their credit cards to<br>&gt; the limit. No
thanks...we'll find plenty of neat stuff to do without<br>&gt; lining
those particular pockets any further. :-) I think we are<br>&gt;
definitely going to visit Daytona Beach because we are all big
NASCAR<br>&gt; fans, go the Ke

nnedy Space Center because we love space stuff, visit<br>the<br>&gt; zoo
in Sanford, and go the Sanibel Island. We're looking at
botanical<br>&gt; stuff, too but the rest of the two weeks we'll be
there we're just<br>going<br>&gt; to hang out at different beaches,
which is the biggest attraction<br>anyway<br>&gt; for land locked folks
from the midwest, isn't it? That and spend time<br>w/<br>&gt; my brother

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com