From:  [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:25:18 EDT
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Iowa storms

Melody, we are soggy but fine. Talked with my daughter this morning,
they <br>only lost one window, granddaughters car was damaged some by
the hail. They <br>live about 2 miles N of Madrid on Hwy 17 (SW of Ames)
on an acreage. Hwy 17 was <br>closed btwn them &amp; Madrid and was also
closed S of Madrid. The town of Madrid <br>was flooded badly. They got 5
1/2&quot; last evening. Red Cross was setup in <br>town this morning. We
had about 3&quot;. It has been sprinkling off and on this
was seriously hurt. <br> Our warning systems have become very
sophisticated. The tv stations stay <br>ontop of it. No usual shows only
weathermen giving directions and warnings. <br>One was even dressed in
shorts last night as I am sure he was at the Allianz <br>golf
tournaments. Do you get DM stations?<br> I am sure the pro golfers think
all we have is bad weather. Since <br>Allianz has been here it has al!

ways been nasty storms. The first yr they were run <br>off the greens
and had much damage. Looks like we will not dry out much this

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com