From: Elizabeth Gessler [mailto: lgeeyore@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:28:49 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cicada pictures

Thanks Kitty. I guess I just jumped in without an intro. I am new here.
from everyone on the list. I will<br>admit that I don't have much
experience to share but I will once we move<br>into our new house (once
it's finally built). WE have bought 7 acres and are<br>building a house
on it.<br><br>I plan to have a lot of fun with all types of gardening.
We're lucky to have<br>a variety of enviroments on our new property. We
have wetlands, shaded areas<br> very sunny areas, rather dry areas. It
will be fun to learn all the things<br>I can do (and I'm sure I will
make many mistakes along the way). I also look<br>forward to finally
have a house that will get good light so I can grow<br>plants
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: 05/25/04 19:16:05<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] cicada
I've only seen 2 of your postings.<br>If so, I'd like to welcome
Gessler" <lgeeyore@comcast.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Tuesday, May 25, 2004 5:31 PM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] cicada
years (some species live<br>> underground for 13 years) then pop up like
crazy to mate. After they mate<br>> they die and in 17 more years the
babies will do the same thing. They look<br>> similar to June
bugs.<br>><br>> It's really pretty weird but sort of neat at the same
time.<br>><br>> If you have any interest in finding out when Cicadas may
be crawling from<br>> the ground in your area you can check out the
below site.<br>><br>>

    http://www.cicadamania.net/<br>><br>>

Date: 05/25/04 17:49

:02<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] cicada
pictures<br>><br>> I haven't seen or heard one of those little buggers
Gessler <lgeeyore@comcast.net> wrote:<br>> Wendy,<br>> Your friend
should come visit my area. I live in Southeastern, PA. My<br>> husband
works in Delaware and he can't call me while is outside at work<br>>
because the cicadas are making so much noise. I went to visit him at
work<br>> last week and I had to pick at least 10 off of me after I got
other hand, just 15 miles away at home we haven't seen one
15:01:13<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] cicada
pictures<br>><br>> I have a friend who is collecting cicadas for her
son, the entymologist.<br>> I'm under orders to nab the little sprats
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>>
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>[demime

1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
06_final.jpg]<br><br>[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type
image/gif which

ad a name of IMSTP.gif]<br><br>[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of
type Image/jpeg which had a name of

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com