Re: Celedine poppy was: new pictures

> From: Jesse Bell <silverhawk@flash.net>
> Bonnie wrote: "My Celedine poppy is spreading everywhere...let me
know
> if anyone needs some." I do, I do!! For the life of me, I can
never,
> ever seem to get them established in my garden! I've tried from
seeds
> and the plants. What's the secret?
----------

Jesse, this reply is a bit late in the day - I shall never catch up
my email!   But if your celedine poppy is Stylophorum, then seed has
to be fresh to germinate...like dry seed is dead.  Fresh, it
germinates like mustard and cress...I have it coming up everywhere;
luckily, it's easy to pull!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade