Re: Plant disaster/ups versus usps

Lordy, Auralie, your Peekskill office even beats downtown DC!  And
that's saying something.  Personally, I'd send a letter to the
Postmaster General and copy it to some major TV station....you'd
either get better service or none at all after that:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
> Marge, I have complained loud and long, and the general service
just got
> worse.  Peekskill is notorious for bad service.  I once tried to
insure an index I
> was sending to a publisher, and they wanted to know what was in it.
 When I
> told them, they refused to insure it - said if it was lost there
was no way to
> replace it. I protested strongly that I always insured my work, but
they
> wouldn't move. Wouldn't you know, when the package arrived at the
publisher's, it
> had been broken into and was empty.  Fortunately I always kept
carbons - this
> was before computer days - and I had been early enough that I still
met the
> deadline.  Since that time I have used FedEx, or if something must
be sent by
> mail Express or Priority mail I drive to another town.
> This goes back to the first year we lived here - 1970.  At
Christmas we were