Re: Plant disaster/ups versus usps

> From: Zemuly@aol.com
> Our UPS driver is the best.  When I worked for the town he would
bring its
> packages to my house since he knew the office closed at noon, and
when I lived
> in Key West both the FedEx Express and UPS drivers would bring my
packages to
> the office.  Gotta love thoughtful people!

We used to have the most fantastic UPS guy, but he retired, as did
our original mail carrier, whose name was Dusty Rhodes, which I
thought very appropriate for what was then a rural route:-)  Also had
a marvelous Fedex lady...also now retired.

The new FedEx guy is OK, but UPS has gone south....sometimes, they
just set the box in the middle of the driveway on the inside of the
gates!  Like it could easily get run over if one wasn't paying close
attention.  Never used to happen, but does now.

Think we've had a dozen USPS carriers since Dusty (who was "our"
mailman for at least 15 years)...some good and some not.  One day, I
was down at the road, weeding the side opposite the mailbox and saw
the mail carrier put the mail in the box...it was a 'she'....she saw
me.  Got the mail and found an 'attempt to deliver' notice for a
package.  She'd made NO attempt to deliver it.  I called the station
and expressed my displeasure and that has not happened since...plus
we have a different carrier now.  At least our station responds to
complaints, unlike Auralie's!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi