Re: Plant disaster/ups versus usps

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Marge, my
> guess is that the French Doors don't look like an everyday entry.
They look
> for the door they expect you to use to come and go so you'll see
the pkg.
> That, or there is something about the other door that looks safer.
> could post a note about it, but there's a good chance no one would
read it.

Kitty, I think it's just the eyes front; brain on hold syndrome.  The
french doors are a turn; delivery people don't make turns if they can
help it, they'd rather to up some steps straight ahead:-)  I would
probably have to put a 5x9 sign up with a large red arrow and that
wouldn't be too decorative.

What is even more marvelous is that in summer, I basically block the
passage to that door with plants and they still manage to get there.
The door they head for is wood; the french doors are glass; you can
see there's an office in there, but nooooo....we'll head for solid
wood straight ahead....eyes front guys, let's march:-)  I mean, the
covered walk turns....you'd think they'd figure out that the doors at
the end of the walk are THE DOORS....they have to come out from under
the roofed area, across some patio and up to a deck to get to that
wood door which is a slightly longer walk than they'd have making
that right turn to the french doors.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi