Re: chat messages

>when you pet her, she
> washes a paw or her shoulder vigorously the whole time
Auralie - when she does this I don't believe she's licking her paw to wash.
It is a similar reaction as when a dog pumps its leg when you scritch it in
the right place.  Just automatic.

> take fingernail scissors and cut out the mats.  She will hold still for
it -
I had an Angora cat for years who used to take off into the fields and get
all matted.  Usually managed to work them out.  As he got older, he still
went into the fields, but never got his fur matted anymore.  Anyway - I
stick to DSH these days (for non-cat people, that's the shorthand for
Domestic Short Hair)

Kitty