Memorial day and other... things

For those of you, including myself, who think hockey is merely an excuse to have a beer brawl, the Tampa Bay "Bolts" [presumably big guy shorthand for "Lightning Bolts"] are in the scramble for the whatever-it-is cup. This means the local news readers fill about 50 percent of their time hyping a team in a league, that by all reports is tanking, and the other 50 percent of their time reading infos from the Tampa chamber and my friendly governments.

Oh yeah, and reporting in detail all the local shootings [lots] or car thefts [lots] or rapes [lots], but never on any significant rounding up of the miscreants, or--of greater importance, I submit--little or nothing about what's going on in I-Rack.

I can't believe the denial that's being fostered by these licensees of the public airways

Island Jim Southwest Florida Zone 10 27.0 N, 82.4 W