persian shield

Pam, our climates are so different, it might be foolish for me to give
growing tips.  Below is some good info, though.  I know your Zone is right,
is your humidity high or is it hot and dry?  Perhaps it needs misting.  I
wish I knew.  good luck.

Location
Persian shield is native to Myanmar (formerly called Burma).
Culture
Persian shield thrives outdoors in humid climates in rich, well drained
soil. It tends to get tall and fall over, so pinch back a few times in the
first half of the growing season to induce branching and thicker, bushier
foliage. If you don't care about the flowers (which aren't very showy
anyway), pinch back anytime. Persian shield is difficult to maintain indoors
since it needs bright light, high humidity, and warm temperatures.
Light: Persian shield does well in partial shade. Indoors, Persian shield
needs a bright location. Keep Persian shield out of direct mid-day sun in
summer. It does best with direct sun in the morning and shade in the
afternoon.
Moisture: Persian shield is not at all drought tolerant and should be
watered before the soil dries out. Reduce watering in the dormant season.
House plants should be misted several times a week. They suffer if humidity
falls much below 50%, and are best grown in the greenhouse. Water with soft
water or, better yet, rain water.
Hardiness: USDA Zones 9 - 10. Persian shield is everpurple in zones 10 and
11; it dies to the ground after frost, but may sprout back in spring in zone
9 and possibly in zone 8, especially if you mulch the roots. Keep
houseplants above 60:F (15.6:C).

Kitty