Rained today...

because I worked on the irrigation system yesterday--and again today after the rain quit. We got 2 inches. And nearly got the system modification completed.

After the rain stopped, I also planted a small seedling phalsa [Grewia subinaequalis] that I've been fussing over for a year or so. A friend sent me a dozen or so seeds from India for this one. It's a grape-like single-seed fruit that is either a small tree or large bush. I only got one of the seeds to germinate. Don't know why. And then when I potted it up, it was attacked by the raccoon and I thought I'd lost it. This survivor, however, seems to be quite tough. So I put it in the ground and put a jerry-rigged fence around it.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10