To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] California trip!

Goodness!  You guys certainly don't relax on your vacations!  I'm going to
Filoli next Tuesday- can't wait.  Glad you had a wonderful time!

Theresa

pdickson wrote:

I want to thank everyone for the help and advice you gave for our
California
trip.  We are back and exhausted.  We flew into Sacramento then drove
towards Santa Barbara to see my sister.  She has a beautiful place there.
It is the old Forest Peabody Estate that they have completely redone in
the
last 5 years.  I will have to send some pictures of her roses.  The most
beautiful roses I have ever seen.  We went to FILOLI gardens!  That was
amazing.... if anyone has not seen this garden and can be sure to.  I
took
tons of pictures there too(over 800  for the total trip).  We drove the
entire Highway 1 to Eureka, CA.  We saw the Santa Barbara Botanical
Gardens,
over the mountain to Oahi to a wonderful South African garden, on the way
up
the coast we stopped at the San Francisco Botanical Gardens and then on
Mendocino Botanical Gardens.  We were gone 10 days and put over 1700
miles
on the rental car.
I got home to lots of work and weeds.  It was wonderful to be gone but
now
to play catch up.
Thank you all again,
Tricia