RE: OT was Andreas bites now dogs

People are stupid..............
Speaking of which, I have this "friend" and I use the term loosely, who I
have decided is a complete idiot.

My dogs, as you ALL know, are rescue dogs. So I have no idea what kind of
background they come from. I DO know that Lennox is skittish of men, and
can be of women if you move too fast. Austin is not afraid usually and
really likes men. LOVES men most of the time.

Anyway, when I first got Lennox this friend came over for a few minutes.
When I introduced him to Lennox, rather than waiting for Lennox to initiate
contact with him (which you ALWAYS do when meeting a new dog) he just came
over and tried to pet him. When Lennox tried to pull away  Jamie grabbed
him by the scruff and pulled him to him. Keep in mind the whole time I"m
saying Jamie stop it, you're scaring him, he's afraid of men. I didn't want
to tear Lennox away from him for fear of scaring little man even more.

ANYWAY, last night Jamie came over to borrow duct tape (what man does not
have duct tape?)
He's been here since, with his wife and some others and pretty much left
the dogs alone.

Last night he comes in, starts basically speaking WAY too loudly calling to
the dogs, who BOTH jumped up on the couch with me he startled them so
badly, (Austin into my lap who weighs 95 pounds) Came barreling over to the
couch and plops down by Lennox, who by this time is shaking and GROWLING,
and KEEPS PULLING ON HIM AND TRYING TO PET HIM. I swear I honestly thought
Lennox was going to bite him, which he didn't thank God, but I truly
believe Jamie would have deserved it, and I usually would not say that. I
do not like biting dogs. Hell I wanted to bite him. Again, I'm telling him
to stop, you're scaring them, stop being so loud. And I"m trying not to get
loud for fear of upsetting them even more. He completely IGNORED ME! Is
that an ass, stupid, arrogant, or just a combination of all three?

I think I need to not answer the phone if he calls again. THe problem is,
his wife and I are close friends, so what to do? I DO NOT want him
terrorizing my dogs!
Sorry for the vent, just had to share that one. I honestly am amazed at the
idiocy of  people.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC