From: Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center [mailto: 4042N15@nationalhearing.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:36:16 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ok- this is just unbelievable

> Melody > little town has a rather large colony of feral cats and
it<br>doesn't seem very safe<br>> Auralie > Just like people, you can't
make generalizations about birds<br><br>and you can't make such
generalizations about cats, either.<br>Melody, is there any organization
of volunteers caring for the colony? Any<br>TNR program?
(Trap-Neuter-Release) If interested I can send you information<br>on
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 4:30
Auralie: Thanks for the info. I guess it just surprises me because
our<br>> little town has a rather large colony of feral cats and it
doesn't seem<br>> very safe to me...but I'm not a bird so how do I know?
They come back to<br>> the exact same spot year after year, so I guess
Aplfgcnys@aol.com > wrote:<br>> From: [mailto: Aplfgcnys@aol.com]<br>>
To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:03:09 EDT<br>>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ok- this is just unbelievable<br>><br>> Melody, the
Donald Stokes book on Bird Behavior says that<br>doves<br>> sometimes
(rarely) nest on the ground. Ground-nesters<br>are common<br>> among
shore birds and in arctic areas - not too<br>many trees in those<br>>
locations. Certain other birds, notably<br>Quail and Northern
Harriers<br>> regularly nest on the ground in<br>open fields. Just like
people, you<br>> can't make generalizations<br>about
Melody <mhobertm@excite.com><br>> wrote:<br>> >> Our garden is home to a
ground in the middle of my daffodils,<br>> right under<br>> >> the
cherry<br>> >> tree..

.there is a pair that<br>> returns to nest in the<br>> >> same spot
there every<br>> >> year. Is<br>> this unusual for birds to nest on
the<br>>
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with