h. foetiditus from Judy

Judy: Finally got around to checking the post office box tonight on the
way to work. Plants arrived just fine and are in great shape still. Have
to wait out this darn cold weather so will have to pot them up for the
next couple of weeks...weather unusually cold here right now.

Ooh...my big news of the weekend though is I bought my first brand new
car since I graduated from college, almost 20 years ago! Old minivan was
dying by stages on a daily basis...no rear heat, no air conditioning,
power window on driver's side a goner and passenger side going, no LCD
display on the radio, and this past week the antilock braking system and
traction control systems were going bad. So I bought a new minivan...no
power anything!! Roll down crank windows and no automatic locking doors,
no power sliding doors...it's great! Nothing power that will be super
expensive to fix; the salesman at the dealership couldn't believe how
happy I was when I saw it! Drove it off the lot with only 5 miles on the
odometer...woo hoo! And about 4000 dollars cheaper than the minivan's
with the simplest of bells and whistles, about 10 thousand cheaper than
the ones fully loaded. Made me feel good to save that kind of money!

Now, I wonder how long it will be before I can bring myself to throw dirty pots and bags of mulch, soil, etc. in it???  LOL!!

Melody
Hills, IA  zone 5