From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of James R. Fisher
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 9:28 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] More California desert flowering

A snippet from another mailing list:

"Last week my husband and two of our friends spent seven plus days
driving around mostly the central part of California looking for
flowers. We knew we were too late for the desert and other places like
Carrizo Plain. We had planned to go there, but a telephone call before
we left revealed we were too late. Someone sent me the url below with
this text: "the East side of Carrizo plains in the Tremblor range,
orange & yellow daisies and blue phacelia". I recommend you click on it
even if the plants aren't geophytes as the picture is rather amazing.
http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/images05/Tremblor3.05L.jpg  "

-jrf
--
Jim Fisher