Re: so Kitty---

> ... Here in Ok we can't grow all the exotic things that you can
> grow at least not so abundantly.
I'm assuming, Tricia, that you were directing that toward someone else,
because exotics are certainly not easy here in Zone 5, neIN.

>  What does grow well I can't give away fast enough ...
Same here.  I don't have enough friends who care much about gardening.
That's why the sale works for me.

> I root pruned about 10 starts of Passion vine ...
> I have several requests for them but I don't know if I can charge them.
I would say that it is hard to charge if you don't actually have a
structured sale.  I have friends whom I'd be happy to give plants and have
done so, but when they come to my sale, they pay.  Any other time, I don't
like to take payment.  However, if these requests you have for your passion
vine are from friends of friends, not real friends of yours, but people who
have heard through the grapevine about your generosity, well, I think in
those cases you could say upfront something like, "Oh yes, I'll be  having
about a dozen of those ready in May.  I planned to trade them for other
things I want.  What do you have to trade?"  If they have nothing you want,
you might say then that you'd take $x in lieu of trade.

> ... I wish I had the courage and energy to try it
If you want to try a plant sale, you could and should start on a small
scale.  I can sell 500 pots only because I've built it to this point.
People already know about it.  I have regulars.  Start small - maybe 40
pots, have the sale at the same time as your neighborhood has a garage
sale - something that will bring traffic.  Don't knock yourself out trying
to do it all in spring.  Pot up in September and sink or cover the pots.
This yields well-rooted, durable plants.  And half your work is already done
come spring.

Kitty