Re: ok- now doves/predators.

Jim wrote: "They're scruffy to say the best about them." And they STINK
too. They roll all over dead things...so you can imagine how they
smell....like raw chicken scraps that have been in the garbage for about
10 days. Ughhhh. I like wildlife...believe me...I rescue them. But I
have never rescued a coyote (never given the opportunity) but they have
been close enough to my home to smell them. And when my husband shot one
that was in our barn....it stunk. Yuck.

Much rather have cougars than coyotes, if only because cougars will
take care of a surplus of coyotes. Coyotes are okay for rabbits and
such, but if you want to control [i.e. get rid of] deer and raccoons,
you need cougars. Besides that, they're handsome. I have some photos of
coyotes I befriended in Death Valley. Fed them for a week or so and
almost tamed them. They're scruffy to say the best about them.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10