Re: Hop vine

I can't remember where I heard this but someone told me about planting a hops vine at the bottom of a smoke tree. Sounds beautiful.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hop vine

Botannica says: ...hops require cool-temperate climate with plenty of
moisture in spring and a warm summer. They grow best in deep, well drained,
loamy soil.
I've been really impressed with this plant in the past.  The yellow-leaved
cultivars almost glow:

I've been thinking of planting one in the back against the fence, but I
might give in and grow a Wisteria macrostachya there or an Aristolochia

> progation on a woody type vine...
> how do you do that with a honeysuckle?
Layering works great for me. Mine will root where it stays in contact with
the soil, but mine may be more flexible than yours, as you referred to it as
Which reminds me...  Now's the time to take cuttings of my Lonicera
prolifera.  I believe I've offered cuttings up to listmembers in the
past, but never followed through.  I'll try to do better this time.

Does anyone want Lonicera prolifera?  I should have some ready to
send and plant in the fall.