From: Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center [mailto: 4042N15@nationalhearing.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:35:11 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spring pictures

Melody,<br>I bet your MG status is being kept up regardless of hours
reported because<br>they realize your value. I also have the feeling you
may be<br>under-reporting. A 30 min presentation includes the time it
takes to design<br>the presentation, prep work, travel, cleanup, etc.
Altogether (research,<br>creating slideshow, writing and printing
booklet, practicing, etc.) I<br>probably put 30 hours into my 65 min
presentation on summer bulbs. I'd be<br>too embarassed to report that it
took me that long, but I'll turn in perhaps<br>10 hours. Don't be too
humble with your hours report. It doesn't just<br>benefit you. When you
report that you put in 50 hours in a year, that<br>report may help your
CES get a better budget. I'm not saying one should<br>exaggerate, but
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 4:32 AM<br>Subject:
believe how cold it is. Supposed to be<br>> low of 29 degrees here
tonight and when I was out for my break at 2<br>> a.m., I'm sure it was
close to that. Brrr...had my team's first softball<br>> practice Monday
night. Poor little girls (grades 3 & 4)...I had to keep<br>> them moving
all during practice to keep them warm enough. Next practice<br>> is
Wed...hope it warms up by then...took me the rest of the night on<br>>
Monday just to get warm again. Got loads of plants that are sitting
on<br>> my covered front porch waiting to go into the ground...just too
darned<br>> cold here. So far, most of the blooming things in my yard
have been<br>> fine, but tonight I'm sure I'll lose the blooms on the
bleeding hearts<br>> and all my miniature white iris, as well as
whatever aquilegia's are<br>> flowering already. I'm sure I'll be
checking damage when I get home in<br>> the a.m. Well, I guess the MG's
here didn't catch on that I didn't get<br>> my educational hours all
completed last year because

I am still on their<br>> active member list. Got a call this past week
to do a short 30 minute<br>> presentation for pre-schoolers ages 3-5 at
a local Head Start program...<br>> I am such a sucker for kids...how
could I say no???? Anyway, got some<br>> cool coloring pages off the web
for their teacher to photocopy after I'm<br>> gone but also one of the
local nurseries donated some wheat grass and<br>> some giant sunflower
seeds. We're going to plant the sunflowers outside<br>> in the daycare's
little garden and then grow wheat grass "hair" in<br>> styrofoam cups
that the kid's will decorate with faces. Two groups of 28<br>> and 35
kids apiece...so I needed quick and easy! Many of these are<br>>
underpriveleged children who have no access at home to gardens, so
I<br>> can't wait to give them a chance to grow something and see what
wrote:<br>> From: [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]<br>> To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 19:59:23 EDT<br>>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spring pictures<br>><br>> Lynda, a beautiful garden.
Everything looks so lush!<br> We have had so<br>> much cold & frost many
of my trees & shrubs are really <br>burned. My<br>> Magnolia
'Butterflies', fringe tree and hydrangeas are the worst.<br>> <br>Many
lilies are have been iced so I will lose the bloom or it will<br>> be
deformed. <br>We are supposed to get frost again
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with

    http://www.excite.com<br>>

The most personalized portal on the Web!<br>><br>>