Horse...

My friend Colleen just arrived with a 15-gallon pot full of road apples. Fresh road apples. It was all the two of us could do to lift it out of the back of her truck. I'm delighted, of course. I've been pestering her for 2 or 3 weeks for this soil amendment donation to the plantation. I think I'll stabilize the surface of the pot with a bit of top soil and then plant a pineapple in it tomorrow--after I get the handcart and move it to the pineapple patch.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10