Re: Presentations and frost death...

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Presentations and frost death...
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:18:25 -0600

> Many of our
> younger trees took a severe beating...baby leaves frostbitten to a
> crisp. I'm not sure how they'll recover as every leaf on each of them is
> dead. Do you think they'll bud again and put out new leaves?

Melody,
We went down to 29 the other night and most everything was ok - a little of
what you described, but mostly ok.  However, I had a Mackia tree in a 5
gallon pot that came from Forest Farm almost a month ago, so I figured it
would be ok, but all it's leaves suffered and are not bouncing back.  I hope
someone more knowledgeable will pitch in with a response to your "Do you
think they'll bud again and put out new leaves?"

Kitty
BTW - glad the presentation went so well.