From: james singer [mailto: islandjim1@verizon.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:01:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Nice day/August in Florida

Well, you won't be cold. For August, the average high temperature is 90
there <br>is an average of 10 rainy days [6 inches of rain]. These
averages and <br>records are for Venice, but the rest of the state will
be similar. So <br>don't forget the sunscreen and the
sunglasses.<br><br>The Gulf beaches are delightful at that time of
year--the water is <br>about 80 degrees, quite like a spa. And there are
lots of interesting <br>things to see and do. But the Florida Gulf coast
is not like the <br>Pacific coast or the Atlantic coast. Much of the
Gulf coast--especially <br>the stretch from Panacea to Crystal River--is
salt march and not <br>accessible by auto except for a few isolated
fishing camps.<br><br>You might want to spend some time with a map and
AAA's Florida Tour <br>Book. If you're not a AAA member, let me know and
I'll send you a copy. <br>The book is very good at describing points of

interest--parks, natural <br>phenomena, and the like--as well as letting
you know, by omission, that <br>there can be long stretches of some of
2005, at 5:04 AM, Melody wrote:<br><br>> So, Jim...what is the weather
usually like down there in Gulf Paradise<br>> say around middle of
August? Now that we have a reliable means of<br>> transport, our trip
south is definitely on. Now I know this might sound<br>> silly, but
since none of us have ever seen much of the Gulf Coast, we<br>> are
planning on a driving trip down the coast, stopping whenever and<br>>
wherever that takes our fancy. We did this a couple of years ago when
far as we <br>> could<br>> in several hours, turned around and came back
down the ocean highway,<br>> stopping whenever one of us would go
"Ooh...look at that, let's stop!"<br>> We ended up somewhere in Oregon a

or so later. You get to see the<br>> best darned places in this country
islandjim1@verizon.net > wrote:<br>> From: james singer [mailto:
islandjim1@verizon.net]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Wed, 04
May 2005 15:14:53 -0400<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Nice day/or
Original Message -----<br>>><br>> From: "james singer"
<islandjim1@verizon.net><br>>> To: "Garden Chat"<br>>
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:47

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com