Presentations and frost death...

>Ceres and Mardi...how did your gardens fare?

Melody,I actually had more damage to my trees in Johnson Co. near you that
I did in my garden 40 miles north in Linn Co!
Here in Alburnett about the only thing that got totally frosted was my
primroses (primrosi?).  Some hosta leaf damage, but they'll come back.

I was looking for a response to our questions on frosted leaves on small
trees question, and haven't seen one yet.  The Greenspire Linden and
Shumatii (sp) Oak I have at the beanfield property are not in a protected
area, and all the leaves are dead.  Does anyone know if they will re-leaf
out?  Roots still should be good, so I'd think so.  A huge old black walnut
on the DNR property also got frosted.

As to your MG education hours, will you coordinator let you take classes
that the MGs in Linn Co put on?  Mark your calendar - on May 21st we're
having a plant sale and classes.  Tree Planting and Maint., Plants for
problem areas, Planning a perennial garden, etc.  Mail me off list if you'd
like more info!
Mardi
Iowa z4b