Re: Presentations and frost death...

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Presentations and frost death...
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 10:47:49 -0600

Ceres, Mardi,
I had some freeze damage too, but for the most part they will pop out of it.
I was most concerned about a Maackia tree I'd gotten from Forest Farm last
month, still in it's 5 gallon container.  (for the display gardens)  But
spring is when the plants have all their energy, they always have a plan B,
just in case, so I am expecting it to put out new growth.  I asked the Hort
Ed about it and he suggested giving it a root booster treatment.  We use the
Green Light brand.  This might be a good idea for all your plants that have
suffered at this time.  Of my perennials, my yellow flowered Toadlily
received the most damage - a lot of new growth blackened.

Kitty