Re: shopping

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] shopping
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 17:09:57 -0600

That's true, but someone gave me a whole bank of them and I was thrilled
because it created a great screen for free.  Over the years they've present
pros and cons, but the mildew isn't bad and, to me, having at least one is a
critical garden requirement.

Now, I'm sure you've been talking mainly about Syringa vulgaris, Cathy.  But
there are other Lilacs.  My Josee Lilac blooms 3 times a year - supposed to
be 4, but maybe it needs to get older.  Then there's the Cut-Leaf lilac and
the Afghan Lilac.  I agree, no fall color, but wonderful texture.  Besides,
fall color looks best when there's some green around providing contrast.

And, though I sounded negative about the lilac's fragrance, I was being a
bit sarcastic.  I enjoy the fragrance, but this year my lilacs seem to all
be putting on a much heavier bloom than usual and the fragrance is extremely