Re: NYers beware: tent caterpillars

That's the thing.  The birds in this neighborhood know that if I don't  put
birdseed out, 5 of my other neighbors will.  They have no shortage of  food.  I
don't think they would know how to forage for food if they had  to.  I have
some shrubs that produce berries that I have read that birds  eat.  These
berries are pretty much untouched in my yard even after a long  winter, and I don't
use pesticides.  I only keep wasp spray on hand in case  I'm under attack.  I
can only surmise that these birds don't look for  natural sources of food
because they don't have to.

Eva
Long  Island, NY
Zone 6/7

In a message dated 5/8/2005 10:42:22  P.M. Eastern Standard Time,