Re: todays problem

That's amazing.  My neighbor across the street has one that actually
grew up under their foundation, behind the vinyl siding, shooting out
sprouts at any gap (especially around the windows) and up into and
between the layers of shingles on their roof.  They hacked some of it
back (breaking a window in the process) but it's still showing up in
unexpected places.  Now it's growing up between the slats on their
front porch.   It's just the regular species red trumpet vine.  I have
the yellow cultivar 'Flava' which is much better behaved.

On 5/8/05, Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com> wrote:
> Well, I've never had a vigorous trumpet vine, despite what the books
> say. Mine (I had dreams of covering an ugly barbed wire fence at the
> back of the yard) have done nothing but limp along....
> Cathy
> On May 7, 2005, at 9:19 PM, Donna wrote:
> > well if you would have said that last year I would
> > have believed you....but I cut back a trumpet vine
> > (which everyone claims would take over the yard) and
> > it died. No signs of life this spring :(
> >
> > Donna
> > haven't dug it out yet... giving it a tad more time...

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A