RE: tent cat/ birds

You need more than food to get a bird (or any wildlife for that matter)to
take up residence at your home. They also need water, shelter, and place to
raise their young.

From there you can also start on the 'food chain' concept. You can not
always be selective on what wildlife you invite into your yards, as the
upper food chain class also moves in.

It is rough to get the equal balance in nature.