Re: NYers beware: tent caterpillars

The yellow jackets bother me -- Not so much anymore since we started  getting
a landscaper to mow the lawn, but when I mowed the lawn, I couldn't go  five
feet without out them freaking out and whizzing around my  head.  I would stop
until they went away, but they'd start up again 10  feet away.  It would take
FOREVER to get the lawn done because I kept  having to stop.
I really wouldn't break out the spray unless it was an absolute  emergency.
I never use pesticides really, and I usually don't have bug  problems.  The
tent caterpillar was a new thing for me.
Long  Island, NY
Zone 6/7

In a message dated 5/9/2005 4:20:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,