Re: Sambucus ?

Tricia, I have Sambucus canadensis 'Aurea' which I have trained more like a
multi stem tree.  I have it in the garden for 5-6 yrs.  I give no protection
and it is located on the north east of our lot is north of the front of the
house so it receives the NW blast.  It got nipped with the cold temps but not as
bad as many others.
    I also have a varigated Sambucus which started as a cutting from a
friends.  I still have it in a container with roots growing much beyond the
container.
    I love the fragrance of the Philadelphus.  I have a yellow form in the
back border.
        Ceres