Re: birds/ponds

I think that depends where you live, and what size pond, also what you  have
in the pond. Plants only with a few mosquito fish or such takes very  little
time and space. The more fish, the more time....and if you have  Koi....then
that runs into the largest size, time, and money.   Like any gardening, there is
no such thing as NO maintenance, you can either  tend to it a little or wait
and end up doing more at once.  All in all  though, I think it's the least
maintenance of all gardening, if it is a  watergarden (not Koi pond or fish pond)
because one never has to water  it.....prune off dead foliage/blooms now and
then, fertilize once or twice a  year, if that much....and that's it.  The
rewards of having so much  wildlife (such as; birds that come to drink or bathe,
dragonflies, etc.)  come to your garden makes it all worth while!
I honestly cannot imagine a garden without some water.....
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/11/2005 11:02:53 AM Central Standard Time,