Re: Opinion time/back to trees

No weight needed. I want my weeping tree to be more upright than gravity would have occur naturally. So, I will traing the leader upward while it is growing and gaining in girth for the main trunk. Evenually, when it is the height I want (and the trunk is thick enough to support the weight), I will stop training it up. The weeping part happens on it's own. I will likely prune some of the weeping parts so that the whole thing doesn't drag on the ground, but that is just because I like to see the layers that are weeping down. It is sort of an art I guess. This is a new experiment for me, but the guy at Mapleleaf nursery that I bought it from was really helpful in explaining what he did with his specimen tree.

Donna wrote:

I haven't made up my mind yet which is a slow process when it comes to
something unmovable in the future. (my perennials are on wheels, don't like
it here, lets try there)

Anyways, you guys have confused me. Don't these weeping trees do it on their
own? Do you have to constantly train them to do this? Will I have to do the
weights and tie downs for years along with keeping the header branch up?