Re: Thanks, Kitty

IMHO, Iris pseudacorus (yellow flag) is the most vigorous of the
water iris, but none of them are menaces. Louisiana irises are, as I
understand it complex hybrids involving a number of wild NA water
iris species, I. virginica, versicolor, fulva, etc. They are lovely,
and I am exploring which of them can take our z5b winters. (Most
growers are in Texas, Louisiana, and Australia, if that tells you
anything.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b