Tree peony - Bud count and drooping

I just checked my older tree peony and it has some open flowers.  Bud count
is 32, which made me wonder if they were always even numbers - last year it
was 28.  So I checked the younger tree peony and it appeared to have 6, then
I noticed a wilted side branch with another bud.  I see 2 little deead wilts
that I'd guess were caused by that last bad chill, but this is a fully
developed branch with a good sized bud that is wilting while the rest of the
shrub is in good shape.

Is this, too, just cold damage or could it be disease?  Should it be

neIN, Z5