Re: ornamental grass/bamboo

One of my all time favorite ornamental grasses, that hasn't been mentioned
is Bamboo Muhly grass, Muhlenbergia dumosa.  It is such a graceful growing
grass, and has bamboo like look, except it isn't invasive, doesn't grow as large
and is easier to dig.  I have a stance of this next to one pond, it
gracefully hangs over the rocks and just gently touches the water....blows
beautifully in the wind.  It is an evergreen perennial.....only problem is  that the
birds in early spring strip it clean for their nests, so I end upwith  bamboo
like sticks, but they quickly leaf out again with lush thicker green  threadlike
foliage from the canes.  Very nice.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/14/2005 11:02:00 AM Central Standard Time,