Re: ornamental grass.....Muhly grass

Another one of my favorites, although it doesn't do as well for me as the
Bamboo muhly.
The Gulf Muhly is native here, looks best when in mass plantings.  I  tried
it in a more open area, where I wanted a grouping of it, however for some
reason the grass didn't like that spot and didn't come back for me.  So for  now I
just have small clumps in native perennial beds, so don't get  that nice mass
of red tops blowing in the wind, like I see in  nature.  Pretty, just not the
same, unfortunately, since it doesn't get  as tall and is hidden by other
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/17/2005 10:05:28 AM Central Standard Time,