Re: Bromeliads as house plants

Kitty, if they are being grown as houseplants, then I would suggest the
Guzmania, since it takes the least amount of light.  You can get these  wholesale,
full size plants even in bloom.  I know our society orders these  in, not
sure if we get those particular ones from Tropiflora...although I'm sure  they
have them.  Will check and get back to you with the info, okay??   You could
sell some Tillandsias, and have a pre-sale project for some MG's by  mounting
them, or order them mounted.  They can be mounted on sea shells,  drift wood,
wooden pickets, or even on wooden spoons or such to be hung in the  kitchen
window, with a ribbon or fishing line.  Lots of ideas one can come  up with of how
to mount them for the kitchen window or any other window in the  house.  Just
remember bright light for the Tills.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/17/2005 10:05:28 AM Central Standard Time,