To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ornamental grass

Something that people love here is Sundrops, Oenothera fruticosa. It's a
spreader and it is very pretty in bloom, makes a real impact for a pretty
long period of time. But just this morning I was talking things over with
someone from BBB about removing some of them because they over-ran her
Salvias - couldn't even find them. If you want a monoculture of ribbon
grass or sundrops, that's fine, but if you'd like something else to survive
in there, or if you'd like each plant to have a chance to stand out, you
need to curb those spreaders. If you want those distinctions and you're not
into maintenance, you have to skip the vigorous spreaders.

Kitty

----- Original Message ----- From: "pdickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>