Re: what's blooming?

Kitty, I have many of the same plants blooming that you listed.
 Gallium (Sweet Woodruff),
 Convallaria (Lily of the Valley),
 several Epimediums (Barrenwort).  pink, white yellow, and one
exotic pink I can't find the name to but the blooms look like spiders.
  A few of the late daffodils are still going.  This has been the best
daff year in quite a while.  The selections from early to late really
bloomed on schedule instead of all at once like some years.  I have
had daffodils since the end of March.  I interplanted the late daffs
with species tulips - Tardas and some Greggiis - in hopes of
protecting them from the deer, and it seems to have worked so
far.  The Tardas are gone now, but there are still a few of the others.
In my enclosed vegetable garden I have a few lily-flowered tulips,
but all the others are gone.
Dicentras (bleeding heart), both pink and white D. spectabilis, and
D. exmina 'Luxuriant.'
Several Pulmonarias (Lungwort) 'Mrs Moon,' 'Excalibur,' 'Coral Spring' and
some others
Spanish bluebells
Tree peony
Aquilegia canadensis (columbine), both the native and numerous
Herperis matronalis (dame's rocket)
Geranium - can't find the name, but it has magenta blooms.
Dogwood - don't look too good this year
Viburnum - a couple but I've never been sure which they are
Veronica - a tiny creeping one that may be a native
Polemonium (Jacob's Ladder)
Various azaleas - mostly badly eaten by the deer
Rhododendrons - pink and white
Viola tricolor (Johnny-jump-ups)
Violets - many many for several species, both blue and white
Ajuga - a major pest in the lawn
Primulas - yellow and white
Pieris andromeda - almost past now, but extremely heavy bloom

The two crab apples and the Japanese cherry have shed most
of their petals, but they were pretty fine last week.

And, very unfortunately, a whole mess of garlic mustard.  I have
pulled bushels of it, but it still keeps coming.

Spring is very lush here right now.  I can't keep ahead of it,
but I'm trying just to enjoy it without stressing about what
hasn't been done.

In a message dated 05/18/2005 1:46:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,