Re: Ornamental grass/bamboo

I think perhaps the reference was made not to the Gulf Muhly but the Bamboo
Muhly, Muhlenbergia dumosa.  This is not a bamboo, it's a grass....just
called that due to it's growth habit and form.
_http://www.mswn.com/MSWNmassesofgrasses.htm_ (http://www.mswn.com/MSWNmassesofgrasses.htm)     Not the best
picture of the Bamboo muhly...I'll find another if I can, or I can  send one to
anyone interested.
 This website does have a picture of the Gulf Coast Muhly that I  thought you
were talking about Kitty.....Muhlenbergia capillaris.   Hm...shows how common
names can be misleading.  I think this is a different  species from what you
have, isnt' it??  This one looks best in mass with  it's red tips.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/18/2005 11:02:16 PM Central Standard Time,