Plant ID help please

This plant seller sometimes like to give me weird things - often things she
doesn't have names for. Today she gave me a Zamia pumila, and I did find it
in AHS.
Anyone else grow this?  I'm expecting Jim to pipe up!

Also for Jim and any of you far southern folk, and for northerners, like Sue
who love houseplants, could you look at this photo for me?

She ripped these leaves off another plant that seemed to have the same form
and size as the Zamia.  Anyone recognize this?  When I asked, she mentioned
something about mothers and thousands, but clearly couldn't remember.  Does
it look like some sort of Kalanchoe?

neIN, Z5