Re: Plant ID

Yep....that's exactly what it is, it's in the Kalanchoe  family....It's a
bryophyllum, not sure exactly which, since it's hard  to ID from the
photo....many of them look a like except for minor  details.    Very easy to grow.  This
is the darned plant  that is growing in my gutters, and every where else....how
on earth it manages  to get in those places is anyone's guess.
It also has the commo name of "Chandelier plant" because it blooms in
winter, with huge stalks with blooms that hang down in a circular like patter,  much
like a chandelier or one of those new shower heads that are huge.   LOL
Easy to propogate from the leaf.  Some folks also call them  aligator plants
here, because the children take two leaves put them together and  it looks like
the head of an aligator.  Okay....too much  info...sorry.

Jim would know more about your Zamia since, if I remember  correctly, it's a
Florida native in the Cycad family.....called "Coontie"....or  so my florida
born Dh says.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 5/19/2005 11:02:21 PM Central Standard Time,