Re: Plant ID help please

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Plant ID help please
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 09:40:08 -0600

Zamia is hardy in zones 10-12.  I was asking this woman's marketing advice
about the bromeliads and she said people here don't seem to have the
patience for them, they don't sell well.  But her venue is different than
mine would be, so I think I would still bring some in.  I explained the
problem of no one donating houseplants and she suggested I come by in July
before they close for the season and she might be able to set me up with
some.  Then she gave me the Zamia and Kalanchoe leaves for starters.

I'm not a houseplant person myself.  The things I put in the houseplant sale
last year were actually tender items that I use outdoors and are
overwintered in the house.  By the next spring some look kind of blah, but
they perk up when the get their feet in real soil and their heads in real