Before the crash...

it was veggies.

Tomatoes do well here, Cathy, until the night temps get so high they prohibit flowering. Peppers do well--all kinds--and, in fact, become short-lived perennials [4 or 5 years]. Bok choy does very well [just had some germinate in 4 days]. Eggplants seem to like our early summer--we have a black beauty that has six fruits, some almost ready to pick. I'm trying to grow potatoes in a tub of ground melaleuca mulch and cow manure--don't know it that will work. Garlic cloves we planted 2 weeks ago for salad greens are now 6 inches tall and ready to start cutting.

We grow all this stuff in 7-gallon to 30-gallon pots--mostly to control the medium. As you know, Florida's a limestone peninsula with a pretty high pH in the native soil. By planting stuff in pot of soil, rotted manure, shredded paper, melaleuca bark, compost, and stuff like blood an bone meals, we can create a pretty decent environment for most veggies--just haven't got enough pots to grow very many of them at any one time.