RE: Plant ID help please

Oh well, I was hoping it was hardy here.

There is some kind of palm looking plant that does survive here. A few
blocks away they are growing it in a half whiskey barrel. See the darn thing
die off and remain outside with no additional protection and come back to
life each summer. . amazing, wish I knew what it was.... But the house looks
abandoned and never see anyone there.

Donna