Re: Plant ID help please

Take a picture; maybe we can figure it out.

On May 21, 2005, at 8:34 PM, Donna wrote:

Oh well, I was hoping it was hardy here.

There is some kind of palm looking plant that does survive here. A few
blocks away they are growing it in a half whiskey barrel. See the darn thing
die off and remain outside with no additional protection and come back to
life each summer. . amazing, wish I knew what it was.... But the house looks
abandoned and never see anyone there.

Donna

Zamia is hardy in zones 10-12. I was asking this woman's marketing advice
about the bromeliads and she said people here don't seem to have the
patience for them, they don't sell well. But her venue is different than
mine would be, so I think I would still bring some in. I explained the
problem of no one donating houseplants and she suggested I come by in July
before they close for the season and she might be able to set me up with
some. Then she gave me the Zamia and Kalanchoe leaves for starters.

I'm not a houseplant person myself. The things I put in the houseplant
sale
last year were actually tender items that I use outdoors and are
overwintered in the house. By the next spring some look kind of blah, but
they perk up when the get their feet in real soil and their heads in real
sunshine.

Kitty