Re: update

Ugh! You should be immobile today from the sounds of it! Hope you took a nice long soak in the tub last night!

Here I just finally got the laminate flooring put into my office at home! It's so nice not to be walking on the cement pad any longer. Nothing like ordering furniture to get the clock ticking.... New desk and bookshelf come on Tuesday. Of course, in the process of working around the house yesterday, I decided that the laundry room is my next project to tackle. I already picked out a paint color, and will use one of 2 tile choices for the floor (the linoleum has to go!). I also decided that I hate to color my husband chose for the the hallway- so actually I will be painting it the same color as the laundry room. When he gets back from Mexico on Thursday, he may think he walked into the wrong house!

Today it is a toss up- I can either paint, or mess with the chainsaw and prune back the Bradford pears.... The chainsaw is borrow and likely needs a new chain....not sure I'm really in the mood for that. Think I'll just do regular deadheading/pruning for a while this AM, and then come inside to paint after it gets hot. Supposed to be 90 again today. Summer may have finally decided to come!

Oh- on a gardening note...I have 2 guara plants- I think they are both "siskiyou pink". Mine flop all over the place. I thought it was becuase they didn't get enough sun, so I moved one to see if that would improve things- Nope- now it is just more visible (and hence more annoying). Anybody else have this problem? The dang stems absolutely drag on the ground where they aren't leaning on other plants. This may turn into another project today- to yank this out!

Donna wrote:

Well I feel like Theresa tonight... worked my butt off today!

We finally got the pond cleaned out although we still have the two
waterfalls to tackle tomorrow. It turned out to be a bigger project than
either of us thought. With all the rain we have been getting it was a
loosing battle, not to mention we got water under the liner somehow in this
process. Lotsa innovated ways to get a pump under the liner to drain
it....and quite a bit of heated discussions on how to do that.

Also took a few minutes to see what is happening in my garden. Not much in
bloom, but any day now they are all gonna pop. What really impressed me was
the size of my hostas! Geesh... this wet weather made them grow like crazy.

Speaking of wet weather, I found it interesting that much of the soil under
the surface a few/6 inches is dry. I can NOT understand it with all the rain
we have gotten lately. Did also get the beds on the side and back of house
weeded and assessed. Need something for where the sweet autumn clematis was,
as it got moved out to an area it can overtake. Any suggestions, would like
something about 6 ft tall and has about 3-4 ft for width space. Full sun,
western exposure. Decent soil, drains, will be against a beige brick wall.