Re: Yews

We do but they don't come up around our housing addition. I have seen them crossing the road but not in this little area. I live around a little pond with 12 houses that all have an acre or more. Some of my master gardener friends that live on the south side of town have to have hot wires to keep the deer out of their roses.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Yews

You surely must not have deer in your areas. Nurseries around here have
stopped carrying yews because they are such favorite deer food that it's
just about impossible to grow them. They not only eat the foliage, they
chew at the bark and kill the trees.

In a message dated 05/22/2005 1:35:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,