Re: Rain > poppies

Thanks so much, Kitty.  That's fascinating.  This does sound
like mine, with dark stamens.  I just love this poppy.  It comes
right after the spring bulbs and helps to hide the daffodil
foliage.  Then it disappears after it has bloomed, leaving
space for annuals and later perennials.  It comes back up
in late August - spreads by underground runners, but not
too invasively.  Likes to grow in the lawn, too.  I have never
know what kind it was, or seen one like it advertised in
any catalog.  I don't know where it came from - it was
growing here when we moved here in 1970.  An old
German man had built the house, and there were all sorts
of odd and interesting things here.  Much was overgrown
and had to be removed or controlled, but I have always
loved the poppies.
Thanks again for the article.

In a message dated 05/23/2005 6:21:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,